By Deborah Cartmell
- Incorporates new examine in model studies
- Features a bankruptcy at the Harry Potter franchise, in addition to different modern perspectives
- Showcases paintings by way of major Shakespeare variation scholars
- Explores interesting issues akin to ‘unfilmable’ texts
- Includes distinctive concerns of Ian McEwan’s Atonement and Conrad’s Heart of Darkness
Read or Download A Companion to Literature, Film and Adaptation (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best film & video art books
From the overseas successes of Neil Jordan and Jim Sheridan, to the smaller productions of the hot iteration of Irish filmmakers, this e-book explores questions of nationalism, gender identities, the illustration of the worries and of Irish heritage in addition to cinema's reaction to the so-called Celtic Tiger and its aftermath.
This severe textual content deals a behind-the-scenes examine fifteen of crucial American conflict motion pictures of the final 60 years. according to unique interviews and archival examine and that includes infrequent pictures, this e-book covers movies thought of strangely lifelike for the style. the unique version (1981) lined warfare movies via global struggle II, whereas the current, multiplied version comprises seven new chapters masking the Civil battle, the yankee gunboat presence in China within the Twenties, the Korean struggle, the Vietnam struggle, the battling in Mogadishu in 1993 and the warfare in Iraq.
The backyard within the computing device explores the evocations of position, and especially American position, that experience turn into so primary to the representational and narrative techniques of other and mainstream movie and video. Scott MacDonald contextualizes his dialogue with a wide-ranging and deeply educated research of the depiction of position in 19th- and twentieth-century literature, portray, and images.
Arguing for a sweeping new attention of the shift from print to cinema as a governing method for organizing sleek American social kin, this e-book uncovers an intimate connection among Hollywood romances of the silent period and the empowerment of a managerial type. through the 1910s and Twenties, American video clips instructed love tales via what speedily grew to become ubiquitous photographs.
- American Silent Horror, Science Fiction and Fantasy Feature Films, 1913–1929
- The Individual in Werner Herzog's Films Aguirre, the Wrath of God and STROSZEK
- From Pinewood to Hollywood: British Filmmakers in American Cinema, 1910-1969
- Weimar Cinema and After: Germany's Historical Imaginary
- Film Music in 'Minor' National Cinemas (Topics and Issues in National Cinema)
- Experimental Film and Video: An Anthology
Extra info for A Companion to Literature, Film and Adaptation (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Literature, Film and Adaptation (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Deborah Cartmell