By William Dominik,Jon Hall
- A consultant to Roman rhetoric from its origins to the Renaissance and beyond
- Comprises 32 unique essays through best overseas scholars
- Explores significant figures Cicero and Quintilian in-depth
- Covers a large diversity of themes akin to rhetoric and politics, gender, prestige, self-identity, schooling, and literature
- Provides feedback for extra analyzing on the finish of every chapter
- Includes a thesaurus of technical phrases and an index of right names and rhetorical concepts
Read Online or Download A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best rhetoric books
A better half to Roman Rhetoric introduces the reader to the wide-ranging value of rhetoric in Roman tradition. A advisor to Roman rhetoric from its origins to the Renaissance and past contains 32 unique essays through major overseas students Explores significant figures Cicero and Quintilian in-depth Covers a wide diversity of issues comparable to rhetoric and politics, gender, prestige, self-identity, schooling, and literature presents feedback for additional interpreting on the finish of every bankruptcy encompasses a word list of technical phrases and an index of right names and rhetorical recommendations
Actual Language SeriesGeneral Editors-Jennifer Coates, Jenny Cheshire and Euan ReidThis is a sociolinguistic sequence concerning the relationships among language, society and social switch. Books within the sequence draw on typical language information from a variety of social contexts. The sequence takes a serious method of the topic, demanding present orthodoxies, and working with usual issues in new methods.
Running a blog: How Our deepest options Went Public examines self-representational writing from its old roots in own diaries to its present shape in own blogs. commonly to be had on the web, own blogs are the newest type of an ever extra public writing form of self-reflection. using Hannah Arendt’s philosophy of public, deepest, and social, this booklet delves deeper into the query of public as opposed to deepest and gives an front for Arendt’s paintings into today’s mediated international.
Change-Management, Konflikte, Unternehmenskultur – Schlagworte, zu denen es in unserem heutigen Berufsalltag viel zu sagen gibt, nur leider finden sich nicht immer gleich die richtigen Worte. „Neue Zitate für supervisor" hilft Ihnen, diese Lücke zu schließen. Die um viele Stichworte ergänzte Neuauflage des Klassikers verbindet Ihre eigenen Gedanken mit den Aphorismen und Aussagen der Antike bis hin zum gegenwärtigen Top-Management.
- Democracy's Lot: Rhetoric, Publics, and the Places of Invention (Albma Rhetoric Cult & Soc Crit)
- First Semester: Graduate Students, Teaching Writing, and the Challenge of Middle Ground (Studies in Writing and Rhetoric)
- The Aesthetics of Argument
- Word Painting Revised Edition: The Fine Art of Writing Descriptively
- A Troubleshooting Guide for Writers: Strategies and Process, 7th edition
Additional info for A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by William Dominik,Jon Hall